Labels

Weekly Plan - Documentary

 Week 2

Today we do a small analysis on 3 documentaries and we were being explained by our nicest teacher about what is the project about, the timeline for the project and the rubric for the project. I am very excited to finish the project 

Week 3

This week we started with  another 2 big analysis and research on how to make a good documentary. I also make a group and still half way to finish my research. I'm hoping to make a plan next week in terms of the timeline of the project. I am hoping to finish my research before next week.

Week 4 

We took some time on researching our target audience and organizing the blog. I had a Debate with one of my partner about the genre where at first I preferred mockumentary but my partner said that it's better to do about eating disorder. I finally agree to my partner's idea as doing mockumentary may be riskier that eating disorder mockumentary. Hence, really diving deeper into our topic and researching facts and cases we want to input into our blog. 

To do:

Storyboard 

Concept Board

Collecting clips

Script 

Week 5

Today Me and my group discuss about the title ideas and having a quite long argument on deciding the title. I also did some storyboards. The rest did the statement of intent. We also discuss further on what are the best way to start our documentary. We put our heads together and synchronize our idea on the title and finally finish in deciding the title. For the next week we gonna focus on the storyboard

Week 6

In this week me and my group finished the storyboard and halfway through the script, we also update our development and we finalised our title "What The Food"
Problem: Deciding the duration of every shot in the scene, trying to ask people for the interview scene for our documentary project, beside that trying to find a filming schedule.
Solution: We decided our duration by matching the camera shot and the idea of the scene. We share our free time schedule to gather every group member up.

To do: 
Screenplay

Thumbnail

Finish shotting

Shooting Schedule:

Monday (28/08 ‘23) — Muti & Mr. Bram

Tuesday (28/08 ‘23) — Alden/Hanly & Ms. Anita

Monday, 28 August: Interview

Tuesday 29 August: Interview

Wednesday, 30 August: Voiceover/narration

Thursday, 31 August: Start editing

Week 7

This week, we finished 90% of filming and have just started editing. The script has a few changes to be revised and everyone’s creating their own version for the thumbnails which we will finalize next week. We are proud of the progress that we made and we just need to weave our research and development to finish the final piece however at the rate we are going it would not be as much of a problem. 
Problem: One of our members had his phone confiscated while we were trying to sync the video clips and the voice recording which set us back for a bit. We sorted out the problem however and resumed back into our plan. I ran into problems as well during thumbnail development as I had forgotten to bring my laptop a couple times which didn’t allow me to screenshot the thumbnails I planned to include in my research. 
Solution: We made sure to avoid the phone confiscation problem and made sure to share any videos, photos or voice recording we might need right away. I also made sure to add reminders to bring my laptop to avoid the problem and just in case it happens, I plan to draw anything I want to screenshot. 

To do list:
Finish editing 
Finish Photoshot
Finish critical Self Reflection
Finalise Thumbnail

Week 8

This week we finish our filming and already finish around 80% of editing where this week I will focuses on dealing with lots of revision from our nicest teacher. Rania did some questionaires about the title for our documentary to proof my point and their opinion about the thumbnail draft for which one is the best. 
Problem: our very conflicting schedule where it is hard to gather up for shooting. 
Solution: one of has to sacrifice to finish the shooting so the project can gone well. We also decided to changed our title as we want the title to be more connecting to our content about eating Disorder as I personally think that What The Food doesn't sounds like a health documentary elements. Employing Hanly another fitness enthusiast to fill in Alden’s role would be time saving as we won’t be losing time waiting and with that we’ve finished filming! 

To Do List:
Finish Photoshot for Thumbnail
Finish Editing until I went insane 
Finalise Critical Self Reflection

Week 9

This week we started editing and focus on revising the work by asking my member's opinion so we would produces decent documentary. We also start editing thumbnail
Problem: As we didn't much of the template that we saw we decided to throw.
Solution: we used an online software and drawing tablet to draw from sratch

Week 10

This week will be our deadline date for our project. We focused on defining the blog as well as performing some qualitative check on our final product. There were some scenes in the doc that had to be cleared up but overall we are looking at 90% done before going to my media teacher to double check the work. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Glossary

Component 3 - Final Piece

 This Blog is written by me (Theo) Music Video: In case the video got any copyright issue here is the link to the music video Digipack: Fron...