Labels

Component 3 - Post Production

This blog is written by me (Theo)

The main software that I used the Premiere Pro CC 2023 where I have been using this since I begin my editing career where I already familiar with the mechanism of this editing software. After each shot that I finished I always manage my files into folders so I have a neat and smooth work flow

Shown below is the overall timeline for the project


1. Colour Grading (Lumetri Color)

Colour grading is the most essential part of the music video editing where I wanted to make sure where the music video is likely to be visual appealing and spoil the audience. Colour Grading also important in driving the mood and the tone of the music video 



                               
(Before color grading)
(After color grading)

2. Glowing Dreamy Effect

This is done by copying the layer below into the top and putting the Gausian blur effect on top and put luma key in other to get the glowing blooming effect



(Before Gloomy Effect)


(After Gloomy Effect)

3. Music Video Title


4. Stabilizing
Since some scenes were quite shaky I need to edit the scenes to be more stable. I do this by doing some masking on the subject since the effect I used is wrap stabilizer. The masking is important for making sure the subject is not jellying.




5. Slow Motion effect
Since I wanted to put some slow motion effect I do this by reducing the speed and used frame sampling in order for more fluid slow motion


6. Key frame
I used keyframe technique to make the zoom in effect or zoom our effect. Different keyframe will represent different scale and if I want to make the zoom in effect hence each keyframe will increases the scale step by step and for zoom out will be the opposite. 





Reflection:

During the editing process, I faced many issues where my files disappeared or were corrupt. The editing software itself also crashed multiple times as I threw high-resolution 4k footage for it to process. However, through this editing process, I learned many new things. Editing techniques used in other videos don't always work in music videos, this forced me to do research and learn more techniques that would be useful in this project. Lastly, spending so much time colour grading allowed me to find a colour theme that I like, whilst still applying to the style and colour scheme we planned. In future projects, I would find more ways to further streamline the process of editing, since I spent so much time experimenting during the process of editing this music video. I would hope for future projects to be edited more efficiently. Overall, this post production process has taught me patience, whilst testing my ability to quickly learn new techniques.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Glossary

Component 3 - Final Piece

 This Blog is written by me (Theo) Music Video: In case the video got any copyright issue here is the link to the music video Digipack: Fron...